The neighbors’ committees are “representative territorial organizations of people that live in the same place and that have the objective of promoting the development of its communities, defending the interests and respecting the rights of the neighbors, and collaborating with the authorities”.
Why Proyecto Propio works to strengthen neighbors’ committees?
After 14 years of experience working with different communitarian organizations, especially neighbors’ committees, we consider that equity and development challenges of the country are given, in large part, to territorial development, whether it is in the communitarian, political or public policy’s area. And we consider that this point of view is key to boosting the impact of the actions that communities do.
Proyecto Propio deepens with this program in his compromise with the participation of the community as a protagonist actor of its own process of development, supporting the reinforcement of the neighbors’ committees to gain capacity of management and quality practices so they can become the engine of the development and impact that the equity challenges of the country require.
What is the aim of the program?
Our objective is to promote the role of neighbors’ committees in the development of the territories and to make it, we provide tools that facilitate the management of the organizations and the participation of the neighbors.
When promoting with this program spaces of participation in a big scale, we try to increase the inscriptions in them, validate organizations and motivate and reactivate the cooperation between neighbors, in the planning and in the implementation of projects that benefit them.
The purpose of this program is to reposition the neighbors’ committees as engines of local development, promoting participation, improving their capacities to propose projects and placing their role in society.
Which are the benefits?
With this program, neighbors’ committees will have the possibility of :
- Disposing of a space with relevant information for the development of the territorial organizations. (Financing opportunities, a bank of projects and legislation, among others)
- Joining a group of neighbors to share experiences, decisions and high-quality practices.
- Visualizing projects that have been developed in communities.
- Disposing of a working methodology that neighbors will be able to execute by themselves.
- Building a portfolio of projects through which neighbors’ committees will be able to establish collaboration and working relationships with public organism and enterprises.